SSL Conference Presentation

Over the weekend, I presented at the 2012 NYLA/SSL conference. It's New York's state level school librarian conference. I got to listen to some great speakers, including Joyce Valenza and David Wiesner.

I presented with my librarian co-worker (and neighbor), Leslie, on using apps for instructional purposes - our workshop title was App-ealing Instructional Practices - aren't we creative? :)

At the presentation, we handed out bookmarks featuring the apps we used. Here's Leslie's suggestions for elementary apps:
 And here are my suggestions for secondary apps.

Also, I did a guest post for the SLJ blog Touch and Go. I talk about applications for many of the above apps - check it out here.

Do you have a favorite app that we should have covered?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QR Codes and Orientation

Updated Facebook Template

Supporting Social-Emotional Learning with Library Bulletin Boards