It sounded like a good idea at the time

I have a habit of saying yes. It's almost a disease. Someone makes a suggestion or offers me an opportunity and my mouth just can't seem to form the letters n - o. My inability to decline usually equals lost sleep, increased stress, and a messy house.

I'm blogging right now, at 6:55 AM because I got up forty-five minutes early -- and that was after going to bed an hour late. My stomach is nervous and churning. My house is a DISASTER -- I have not one, but TWO banana peels sitting next to the keyboard.

It can only mean one thing -- I said yes.

Today, I'm presenting at the School Library System's Fall Conference at the Doubletree Hotel in Syracuse, NY. It's not the biggest venue I've presented at, but it's still a venue. Venue's are scary.

The keynote speaker is Ross Todd. In case you don't know, he's a BIG DEAL. Maybe he'll talk a really long time -- sooo long that I don't have to do my presentation.

That'd be awesome.

But unlikely.

At 10:50 this morning I'll be presenting Technology and Web 2.0: A smorgasbord of engagement ideas. At least I got a food reference into the title.

I think I'm already sweating . . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

QR Codes and Orientation

Updated Facebook Template

Supporting Social-Emotional Learning with Library Bulletin Boards