Friday, December 16, 2011

Oh, Library Gods, help me let it go!

Image from SheKnows.com
Okay, I'll admit it. I like to be in control.

I try really hard to come across as laid back, super-duper flexible, and open minded. Most of the time I think I pull it off. 

Today is not one of those days.

As a school librarian, I know the name of the game is cooperation. In my position, things change ALL THE TIME and so much of what I do is last minute because I work with other people. If I resisted going with the flow, I'd be on blood pressure medicine. I can't afford to get worked up when things are out of my control.

I'm struggling this morning -- I can be emotional, but crying at work is not my typical MO.

Today, there were tears before 9:00 AM. Never a good sign. And why? Because a teacher I'm collaborating with has dared to change a project mid-stream.

GASP!

The horror!!

This should NOT be a big deal. Who cares if half the kids are using PowerPoint instead of Photostory? Does it really truly matter that they're using copyrighted images? It's honestly okay that they received no instruction in writing a tight, effective script, right?

Oh, Library Gods, help me let it go today! Control Freak - be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment