Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kindle Update

Phew, can you tell things got crazy again? I'm squeezing this in between an administrator's observation and a lesson on web site evaluation.


Now that it's been a few weeks, I thought I'd update you on our Kindles. The covers arrived - yippee - and now I can swaddle our precious cargo in an extra layer or two. Students have admitted to dropping uncovered Kindles - but it doesn't appear to hurt them -- at least after the first few tumbles. Hopefully, with these fancy leather jackets from Amazon, they'll stay in great shape!


At $35.00 each, the covers aren't cheap. After looking at a bunch of different options, I think these were my best bet. For one, I wanted to purchase the covers in a range of colors -- these particular ones come in seven different choices: red, pink, orange, green, blue, brown, and black.

If you remember, I named each Kindle by color in my circulation system -- so it was important that the "Red Kindle" actually had a red cover. I also wanted something that covered the Kindle the whole time -- not just a case to carry it around in. The Kindle clips easily into this case, and stays firmly in place. An elastic band wraps around the cover to hold it open and closed, making it easy to hold the Kindle while reading.

Next time: Amazon surprises me. Stay tuned!






No comments:

Post a Comment