Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Is this school or summer vacation?!?


So I'm a little concerned that web design is more like regular school than the fun, summer time extra you signed up for. I know it's a lot of new information to absorb, and if you've never seen HTML before, it's a huge undertaking.

Remember, HTML is Hyper Text Mark-Up Language -- it's called a "mark-up language" because you write your content first, and then "mark-up" your content with the code (the tags) to control the formatting. I think some of you might have been a little confused about that yesterday.

Today we worked with some new tags -- a few days ago, you had no idea what a tag even was! Now you do! We learned how to make things BOLD and italicized , and we learned how to make ordered lists and bulleted lists. Wow! That's progress.

Even though I know you're making tons of progress, I'm still worried that you're overwhelmed. So today's question is this: How can I make the web design class more fun and less stressful? What can we do differently in class to keep this from feeling like summer school? Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

12 comments:

  1. Okay in class I think to make class more fun is just when we start I think we should just like only learn one or two new things a day so we can add more to our website this class is very fun already but I think the best part of class is when we add stuff to our website so I think we should do a lot more of adding stuff in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess is most boys will say play more video games but i like a challenge and i love this class! I am not sure we'll NEED to change anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Instead of just giving us the standard information you could give us thing like dancing animations to put in our html code.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, maybe telling us how to add our favorite games to our website... i have never been to summer school, if summer school is like this, I WANNA GO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Put a video in it like mark and i did
    watch videos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I say summer va-ca because i'm having fun here, learning things that i can actually use!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with Em, i don't think we NEED to change anything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you can make the class more fin by giving us more free time and u can make it less stressfull by letting us relax more.we can talk more to make it feel less like summer school and let us go on facebook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And i agree with elaine that if summer school is like this I WANNA GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this class is a little tricky, but its nice to know how to create a website . I think that this class is also alot of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alright, guys, I'm feeling a little better! Tomorrow we'll talk about how to embed videos and games into your sites, and we'll keep taking it slow. :)

    ReplyDelete