Thursday, July 29, 2010

I don't know, but let's find out

Links for today's lesson.

Okay, so I'll be honest. I had no idea how to use CSS until I taught it to myself a year ago.

That's the great thing about web design - if you're interested in learning something, there are so many amazing resources out there to help you. Best of all, 99% of them are available free, and online, so the only thing you really need is an Internet connection and a little motivation. Many, many people working in web design are self taught, or only have a little instruction in a classroom setting.

Today's question is two part: 1) Why does this logo for CSS make sense? and 2) Has there ever been anything you wanted to learn so badly that you just decided to teach yourself? What was it and why did you make that decision? Is there anything that you'd love to learn how to do, but you just haven't found the motivation yet?

11 comments:

  1. Because, it is all about changing your web sites color.It makes perfect sense! No.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WEEWWERRWRERWRWERWRJuly 30, 2010 at 8:22 AM

    YES AND YES

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Because the picture has many colors and the whole point of CSS is changing it's color.

    2)I'd love to learn how to play guitar. (Really i'm not all that into guitar though.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The logo is fitting bucause CSS allows you to customize your website with whatever colors you want. I tried to teach myself a new language but it didnt work out

    ReplyDelete
  5. the logo for css makes sense because its exactly as it sounds.i wanted to learn piano so i tought myself.(im fairly good!!)i would love to learn how to do gymnastics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. for a reason. 2.I don't remember. 3.Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. epic sauce is epic

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes sense because it's about changing the websites color. No there isn't but someday i will probably want to learn how to do something. So I will probably teach myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. CSS is CSS because I forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the reason for css is to change the sites color

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beacause the picture has a lot of colors because the point of css is to change the color

    ReplyDelete