Thursday, July 30, 2009

So what do you still need to know?

Image from w3.org

We've now spent two days learning HTML, and you like, totally know it all, right? I know you're not so silly as to think that, but at least you have a basic understanding of how it works and what it consists of.

Tomorrow we're going to learn how to use CSS -- it's a way of easily changing aspects of your site all at once, and it's been around for more than 10 years. For example, you might make all the H1 headings green, or you might make the font in all your paragraphs arial. If you don't use CSS, you'd have to change the color on each H1 heading individually, or change the font on each paragraph, one at a time.

Today's questions: Why is CSS such a timesaver? What do you want to do with HTML that we haven't learned yet? (Don't say "nothing" -- I'm looking for some real suggestions!)

13 comments:

  1. I have no idea why css is such a time saver, since I have never used it. For html, I want to know how to put a picture on my background, and a way to embedd my twitter page into my site.
    -COnnor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know why css is a timesaver. I want to learn how to change the background color. I also want to learn how change font color
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. CSS is a timesaver because it changes the colors & format & stuff of all of one thing at once instead of individually.

    I want to learn how to put pictures in it. I also want to learn how to change like background color and change font and stuff like that.

    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to learn how to import pictures to my website. I think it would be cool to show people pictures that I like. Also, I want to know how to change the background color on my website. I want to make it purple!-nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. changing the background colors
    2. putting in pictures
    3. how to put in multiple pages

    -Jason

    ReplyDelete
  6. because it changes parts of your site at one time.
    i want to learn how to make the site look prettier like different fonts and colors and stuff. lisette

    ReplyDelete
  7. idk adout css stands for and i really want to know how to put pics in back rounds

















    braiden

    ReplyDelete
  8. CSS is a time saver because it is easyier to put the code in then all of the information. I want to make font have color and i wanna be able to have a color back round.
    -esther

    ReplyDelete
  9. idk what css is
    change my backround
    -Joe C

    ReplyDelete
  10. CSS is such a time saver because if you didnt have it you would have to change the font and color one paragraph at a time. That would be boring, hard, and long.
    I would like to learn how to put different things into the page like...I dont know, a game or something.
    -Cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Why is CSS such a timesaver?

    CSS is such a timesaver because it allows you to make many adjustments to your website at one time, rather than making each individually.

    What do you want to do with HTML that we haven't learned yet?

    With HTML, I would like to learn how to connect the website to the internet, as it is now only available to those with a copy of the file.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A shout out to the girls! Nice job answering the CSS question, ladies. I love to see that you're actually reading the blog. The good news is that today we're going to do 95% of what you've asked!

    ReplyDelete